What you’ll learn
Redis Streams are a powerful new data structure first added in Redis 5.0 with significant enhancements made in Redis 6.2 and 7. In this recently updated course, we’ll cover the basic concepts of streaming, and then provide a broad overview of Redis Streams itself. After that, we’ll explore the Redis Streams commands in detail, and discover how this feature-rich data structure works under the hood.
We’ll finish the course by describing how to use Redis Streams in the real world. This final chapter will include number of useful patterns, plus many important points to keep in mind when deploying Redis Streams in production.
What you’ll build
Tutorials will be based on the CLI. Code samples will be shown in Python.
- Introduction to Messaging, Streams, and Distributed Systems
- Introduction to Redis Streams
- Comparison to Other Redis Data Structures
- The Producer
- The Consumer
- Range Queries
- Consumer Groups
- Consumer Group Management
- Patterns for Redis Streams
- Large Data Set Examples
- Memory Management Techniques
- Final Exam
- Course Number
- November 28, 2023
- January 11, 2024
- Estimated Effort
- ~ 2 hours per week
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 10
- Software: Local install of Python 3.7 or higher. Redis 7 installed locally or using Docker. RedisInsight recommended but not required.
- Access to youtube.com, university.redis.com and github.com
A self-proclaimed “Redis Geek”, Itamar is the Technology Evangelist at Redis. He is also the former Chief OSS Redis Education Officer, Chief Developer Advocate, and VP Customer Support, evangelizing Redis to thousands of developers.
Kyle Banker is the Senior Director of Field Engineering at Redis. He’s worked extensively in data engineering, is enthusiastic about data stores and distributed systems, and is passionate about explaining technology as clearly as possible.