What you’ll learn
Redis Streams is a new feature for Redis 5.0. In this course, we’ll cover the basic concepts of streaming, and then provide a broad overview of Redis Streams itself. After that, we’ll explore the Redis Streams commands in detail, and discover how this new data structure works under the hood.
We’ll finish the course by describing how to use Redis Streams in the real world. This final chapter will include number of useful patterns, plus many important points to keep in mind when deploying Redis Streams in production.
What you’ll build
Tutorials will be based on the CLI. Code samples will be shown in Python.
- Introduction to Messaging, Streams, and Distributed Systems
- Introduction to Redis Streams
- Comparison to Other Redis Data Structures
- The Producer
- The Consumer
- Range Queries
- Consumer Groups
- Consumer Group Management
- Patterns for Redis Streams
- Large Data Set Examples
- Memory Management Techniques
- Final Exam
- Course Number
- May 17, 2022
- June 30, 2022
- Estimated Effort
- ~ 2 hours per week
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+ (Internet Explorer is not supported)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 10
- Software: Docker, or local install of Python 3 and Redis 5 or 6
- Non-blocked access to youtube.com and university.redis.com
A self-proclaimed “Redis Geek”, Itamar is the Technology Evangelist at Redis. He is also the former Chief OSS Redis Education Officer, Chief Developer Advocate, and VP Customer Support, evangelizing Redis to thousands of developers.
Kyle Banker runs Education at Redis. He’s worked extensively in data engineering, is enthusiastic about data stores and distributed systems, and is passionate about explaining technology as clearly as possible.