What you’ll learn
This course teaches you how to store, index and search JSON documents with the RedisJSON and RediSearch modules. You’ll learn:
- How to store and retrieve JSON in Redis as a native data type.
- How to leverage the speed and power of RediSearch to index, query and perform full text searches on JSON documents.
- How to integrate RedisJSON with your Node.js, Python, Java or C# application using the new Redis OM client libraries.
Check out our Redis and JSON explainer video for a taste of what to expect from this course:
- Course Number
- February 20, 2024
- April 30, 2024
RU203: Querying, Indexing, and Full-Text Search is recommended but not required.
- Web Browser: Firefox 39.0+ or Chrome 43+
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7+ 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04+ 64-bit, or Windows 10
- Software: A free Redis Cloud account, or Docker, or local install of Redis Stack. RedisInsight recommended but not required.
- Access to youtube.com, university.redis.com and github.com
Justin is a Senior Developer Advocate at Redis. He has helped to produce several courses at Redis University and has created numerous videos for the Redis YouTube channel. Previous to Redis, Justin was a Web Development boot camp instructor, Software Engineer for a automated testing company, and a dog walker!
Simon Prickett is the Principal Developer Advocate at Redis. He began his career writing C++ for Hewlett-Packard Labs, and has subsequently held senior roles with companies ranging from startups to enterprises including Capital One, USA Today, and New Zealand’s Customs Service.
Simon has created software for mobile and embedded devices since the late 1990s, from early browser-based cellphone portals to today’s IoT and cloud architectures. The need for high performance, efficiency, and personalization that makes these systems successful led him to discover Redis.
Away from professional life Simon enjoys traveling, cycling, and building devices with microcontrollers. Simon holds a Computing Science degree from Aston University, located in Birmingham England.